The Leonardo da Vinci airport is located 32 km from the center of Rome which is reached through the Rome-Fiumicino motorway leading to the Ring Road and from there to the center. If you do not have a car you can reach the center of Rome with the Leonardo Express train that offers several services:
- Leonardo Express No Stop: with departures every 30 minutes from platform 24 of the Rome Termini Station, guaranteed even in the event of a strike, it takes about 30 minutes to reach the station. The ticket price is 14 euro and for frequent travel or groups can be the book of 10 trips for the price of 115 euro (with an overall saving of 25 euro). All trains are equipped with bathrooms and places dedicated to people with disabilities.
- The Regional Train FL1: departs every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 at the weekend, the regional train FL1 is directed to the Tiburtina station and takes 47 minutes. Also you can reach the metro and other stations in Rome as Rome Trastevere in 27 minutes, Roma Ostiense in 32 minutes, Roma Tuscolana in 41 minutes. The price of the ticket, valid for one trip is 8 euro (valid for 90 minutes from stamping). For frequent travel for groups or you can purchase a book of 10 trips for the price of 65 € (that is 90 minutes from validation), with an overall saving of 15 Euros.
With the Leonardo Express and FL 1 travel free:
- children under the age of four years;
- children aged 4 to 12 years at a rate of one child per paying adult;
- small animals in the cage and, limited to underground connection FL1, the large animals in the vestibule of the first carriage luggage without size limits, provided they do not disturb.
You can buy the ticket on the site, at Fiumicino airport at the information area of Trenitalia to Terminal 3 International Arrivals, from the platform 24 of the Rome Termini station, at the ticket office, in bars, tobacconists and newsagents and vending self service.
You can also make use of the shuttle bus transfer service from Fiumicino Airport SITBusShuttle that part towards Rome Termini or Piazza Cavour with prices ranging from € 6 to € 11, you can check timetables and book online on the website.
For those who want to use the taxi, parking is located opposite the Arrivals Hall. And ‘advisable to use only licensed taxis which offer a flat rate for Roma, all destinations at’ inside the Aurelian Walls, 40 euro, including luggage and for a maximum of four passengers.